Regular maintenance of your kiln is essential to ensure its safety and efficiency. Our professional kiln engineer is happy to answer any questions you may have about your individual equipment.
Basic Kiln Service £200 + parts + VAT
*London £230 + parts + VAT
*For locations outside a 35 mile radius from the Clay Cellar, prices will vary. Please call us for a quote.
Tel : 01892 722011
- Full electrical safety check.
- Thorough clean of firing chamber, including element grooves and electrical connection terminals at rear of kiln.
- Check of tightness of all electrical connections and inspection of condition of cables, with special attention to high temperature cables to element tails.
- Check thermocouple and over-temperature device if fitted.
- Check current flow through each element circuit. Check functions of door interlock switch and door catches.
- Electrical safety checks comprising 500 volt insulation test and earth loop impedance test.
- Check condition of contactors.
- Carry out any repairs as required.
- Repair of brickwork and insulation.
- Installation of parts including new elements and contactors (as required).